6 months’ pre-sea course for General Purpose Rating
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTIONS: English.
COURSE DURATION: 06 Months (Compulsory Residential).
- Male candidates must have passed with aggregate of 40% marks in 10th Standard/SSLC/SSC/Matriculation or equivalent examinations from a recognized Board with Science and Mathematics as subjects and also scored with minimum 40% marks in English subject.
- If the candidate is not scored 40% of marks in English Subject in 10th Standard/SSLC/SSC/ Matriculation examination. The minimum 40% marks scored in English Subject in 12th Standard or in the Degree/Diploma Courses conducted by the recognized Board or University shall be considered.
- Candidates must have completed 17 ½ Years and should be below 25 Years of age on the date of commencement of course (No relaxation of age shall be entertained as per Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai).
- The course fees for Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose Rating is Rs. 1,20,000 – 2,00,000 which is to be paid by the candidates in one or instalments as per institute norms.
The Pre-Sea Training Course Syllabus is designed to give the Ratings :
* A basic grounding in the ship’s routine, it’s operation, legislation and their related duties.
* A good foundation in the principles of Safety, Accident Prevention, Pollution at Sea, Fire Fighting and First Aid.
* An idea of the theory and practice of a ship’s compass and hints on steering.
* Basic Engineering knowledge, maintenance and safe working practices.
* Knowledge regarding tools, equipment & instruments commonly found on board ships
* A practical knowledge of handling of Ropes, Blocks, Tackles, & Rigging.
* Practical training in handling a lifeboat and starting its diesel engine.
* Practical workshop training in Carpentry, Plumbing, Machine shop, Electrical, and Diesel Maintenance Shop & Hot work.
All Ratings are required to complete the following mandatory courses during the training period :
~ Personal Survival Techniques, (PST)
~ Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, (FPFF)
~ Proficiency in Elementary First Aid, (EFA)
~ Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities. (PSSR)
~ Oil Tanker Familiarisation (OTFC)
~ Security Training for Seafarers with designated security duties
All Instructions are imparted in the English language.
Physical training, parade and sports are part of the curriculum and are mandatory.
Course conducted in the following institutions
|1||Balaji Seamen Training Institute||Chennai|
|2||Cosmopolitan Technology of Maritime||Chennai|
|4||Indian Maritime University – Chennai Campus (NMA)||Chennai|
|5||Indus Seafarers Training Academy||Chennai|
|6||International Maritime Academy||Chennai|
|8||Southern Academy of Marine Studies||Chennai|
|9||Tamilnadu Maritime Academy||Chennai|
|10||Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Maritime Science and Engineering||Chidambaram|
|11||Oceanic Maritime Academy||Dehradoon|
|12||Nusi Maritime Academy||Goa|
|13||Sea Scan Maritime Academy||Goa|
|14||School of Seamanship & Nautical Tech||Kanchipuram|
|15||Columbus Maritime Academy||Khardi|
|16||Marine Medical Clinic||Khatdi|
|17||MMTI Education Trust||Khopoli|
|18||Yak Educational Trust||Khopoli|
|19||Euro Tech Maritime Academy||Kochi|
|20||Maritime Academy of India||Kolkata|
|21||Maritime Education Training & Research Institute||Kolkata|
|22||Trident College of Marine Technology||Kolkata|
|23||Seacom Marine College||Kolkata|
|24||Centre for Maritime Education and Training||Lucknow|
|25||J.Son’s Merchant Navy Institute||Merrut|
|26||Arya Marine Academy||Mumbai|
|27||Bonzer Academy of Maritime Studies||Mumbai|
|28||B. P. Marine Academy||Navi Mumbai|
|29||Training Ship Rahaman||Navi Mumbai|
|30||Aquatech Institute of Maritime Studies||New Delhi|
|31||Sriram Institute of Marine Studies||New Delhi|
|32||Orissa Maritime Academy||Paradip|
|33||Marine Officers Training Academy||Pondicherry|
|34||Sri Chakra Maritime Academy,||Pondicherry|
|35||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Govt. Polytechnic||Port Blair|
|36||Commander Ali’s Academy of Merchant Navy||Secunderabad|
|37||Baba Marine Institute||Thane|
|38||Marine Training Academy||Udawara|
|39||Asha International Institute of Marine Technology||Varanasi|
|ENTRY Educational Qualification||Matriculation (10th Std)|
|Age (yrs)||17.5 – 21years|
|Pre-Sea Education& Training|| 4 Months Pre-Sea Training Course at CTM including STCW Courses|
· A-VI/1-1- PST
· A-VI/1-2 -FPFF
· A-VI/1-3- EFA
· A-VI/1-4- PSSR
|POST SEA ASSESSMENT||Assessment of RTRB||Assessment of Sea-going Service Foundation Course PCME 2- Months (May be done after 6 months seagoing service) NWKO (NCV) course; and A-11/15 4 Mts+· Radar & ARPA Simulator training at Operational Level|
· A-IV/2 GMDSS (GOC)
· A- VI/2-1 PSC & RB
· A- VI/3- AFF
· A-VI/4-1 MFA
|NWKO(NCV) Course,4 months + St. (ARPA Simulator Training Operational Level|
· A-IV/2 GMDSS(GOC)
· A- VI/2-1 PSC & RB
· A- VI/3- AFF
· A-VI/4-1 MFA
|CERTIFICATE||Ratings Forming Part of Navigation Watch||Second Mate of foreign going ship (NWKO)||Navigation Watch keeping Officer (NCV)|