Certificate Course in Maritime Catering (CCMC)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTIONS: English.
COURSE DURATION: 06 Months (Compulsory Residential).
- Pass with aggregate 40% marks in 12th from Govt. recognized board English as subjects.
- Minimum 40% in English in 10th or in 10+2. Minimum 50%in English if passed from vernacular medium.
Between 17.5 years to 25 years before entry in training
- The course fees for Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose Rating is Rs. 1,20,000 – 2,00,000 which is to be paid by the candidates in one or instalments as per institute norms.
- A Saloon Rating after successful completion of pre-sea course, joins vessel as General Steward or Trainee/2nd Cook and subsequently become Chief Cook/Chief Steward who is the in-charge of Catering Department.
- Chief cook takes care of Ship’s food preparation, provision stores, general hygiene and housekeeping. The Chief Cook is usually one of the most pampered and loved person on board.
- A few years of experience allows them to serve as specialist cook for different cuisines in “Cruise Liners” or join Star Hotels at shore.
- Pre-sea Saloon Rating course will cover common syllabi for the Ratings like, English (Nautical Terms), Etiquette, Mathematics, Physics, Health Hazards & Personal safety, Ships & Shipping Industries.
- Use of Life Saving & Fire Fighting Appliances, Safe Working Practices, First Aid, Navigation, Ship’s Maintenance, Signaling & Ship Visit.
- They also undertake exclusive training programme in subjects like Food Production, Housekeeping, Hygiene & Front Desk Service.
Course conducted in the following institutions
|01||Cosmopolitan Technology of Maritime||Chennai|
|02||Francon Maritime Academy||Goa|
|03||Nusi Maritime Academy||Goa|
|04||Sea Scan Maritime Academy||Goa|
|05||Columbus Maritime Academy||Khardi|
|06||Marine Medical Clinic||Khatdi|
|07||MMTI Education Trust||Khopoli|
|08||Euro Tech Maritime Academy||Kochi|
|09||Maritime Education Training & Research Institute||Kolkata|
|10||Trident College of Marine Technology||Kolkata|
|11||B. P. Marine Academy||Navi Mumbai|
|12||Training Ship Rahaman||Navi Mumbai|